Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Empal Suwir Penyet, Surabaya: Tenggilis, Surabaya



Specialized in Sambal Terasi (kind of chili), Ayam Penyet Bu Kris is well known in Surabaya, especially for Chili lover. One of his branch in Jalan Tenggilis is the one that I visited the most, since it is closed with my office. During lunch time, you need to be patient in order for you to get the table. My suggestion, come before 12 or after 1:30, so you may avoid waiting in line for quite some time.

The food itself is come in a simple way, they put sambal terasi on the Ulekan (stone plate) and put the food on top of sambal terasi. The famous food here is ayam penyet, empal suwir penyet, and bakwan penyet. My favourite is empal suwir penyet (kind of shredded beef), just like the one you can see on my picture. Sambal terasi has three kind of level: not spicy, medium spicy, or very hot! I prefer medium spicy for myself.

The taste of empal penyet with medium spicy is excellent! The uniquesness and tastiness sambal terasi blend perfectly with tender empal suwir in one plate. Empal suwir itself has a very delicate taste. I have to admit that I really addicted with this food. I come many times and I still enjoy it over and over again.

For you who love sambal and spicy, you should experience it itself. I bet you will want to come back second time!

No comments:

Post a Comment