Saturday, September 18, 2010

The savory of Sate Kelapa (Coconut Satay) at Jalan Ondomohem



Located in Jl.Ondomohen (now is Jl.Walikota Mustajab), Sate Kelapa Ondomohen (Coconut Satay) is always crowded with starving customer during lunch time. I heard from friends about how good the satay is and I really want to try it out by myself. To avoid the crowd, I was coming at 2pm. Apparently, it still loaded with bunch of people.

I ordered Sate Kelapa Campur (Coconut satay mixed with some innards such as intestine and tripe) which is the specialty of this restaurant. One portion is consist of 10 pieces of satay, put on the top of peanut sauce. The fragrant aromatic of fresh satay from the grilled is made me can't wait to start biting them.

The meat is so tender and richly flavored. It mixed perfectly with special peanut sauce that is rightly matched. What a heavenly dish! One is never enough. I can't stop biting them until it finished. Very recommended dish!

Unfortunately, the place is not too comfortable, especially when it fully packed with people. Quite small, with only some fan in the corner, and the smoke from the satay grilled outside is entering the dining place sometimes. As an alternative, I saw some people prefer to go rather than dine-in. Whatever you prefer, it is still a Must-Try dish you should try when you are in Surabaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment